How do I deal with issues of privacy?

How do I deal with issues of privacy?

Privacy at UMW Blogs is definitely a concern. And it is important to realize from the start that the spaces you create here will be accessible by the general public. You can password protect pages and posts, but you can not lock your entire blog or website from the open web. That said, there is a step you can take to make your site relatively private. When creating your blog yo will be asked if you want search engines to be able to search and find your site, by answering no to this question you effectively prevent people from finding your web space using search engines like Google, Yahoo!, etc.

If you selected yes to this question, but are having second thoughts, or didn't realize the consequences, you can still make your blog private by going to the Options tab and clicking on the Privacy subtab. From here click on the radio button that says "I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors." After that, the internet search engines will be prevented from searching and giving out links to your site.

Error creating thumbnail: sh: 1: /usr/bin/convert: not found
Click for larger version here