How do I import my existing blog to UMW Blogs?

How do import my existing blog to UMW Blogs?

You can import a blog from numerous other blogging platforms such as WordPress, MoveableType, Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, Grey Matter, TextPattern, DotClear, and RSS.

Error creating thumbnail: sh: 1: /usr/bin/convert: not found
Click for larger version

Note: To import your blog from an application other than WordPress, please read your respective blogging platforms details for exporting your data. For information on exporting data from WordPress read more here.

Once you have exported our data from your blog, go to the Manage -->Import subtab. From here click on the respective blog type you are importing. Browse for the file (which will most likely be an XML file) and click import.

Click for larger version

Once you're done here, you will be taken to a page that will ask you to map authors, if you are importing a blog with numerous contributors, you may want to allow each other to be associated with their respective blog posts. After that, click submit and the import should be successive.

One note of caution: depending on your blog application, you may not be able to import pages, links, and theme customization. if you need further help with this, please use the contact form to describe your issue, and we'll get back to you shortly.

Return to Frequently Asked Questions